How to Apply to Evans
- October 1st - applications open for the 2024-2025 school year
- February 1st @ midnight - applications due
- January-February - Student Class Visit Days (must have applied to schedule)
- March 8th @ 3:30 - Decision Notices Sent
- March 22nd @ noon - Contracts Due
We gladly accept applications past the priority application deadline, and can discuss space available and waitpools as applicable.
Evans Application Process
- Complete an INQUIRY FORM to schedule a tour
- Submit Application (Priority due Feb. 1st, rolling thereafter)
- View PDF INSTRUCTIONS of how to create a new account.
- APPLY ONLINE.
- There is a $125 applicaiton fee that will be collected on the last step.
- Shortly after submitting the application, a checklist will be assigned on the Evans Portal, however scheduling and progress of the application will be communicated via direct contact with the admissions director.
- Request Records and Recommendations (Due Feb. 1st)
- Student Evaluation
- Typically in January or February, the applying student will visit Evans for a half or full day. They will attend class with their current age group, complete grade appropriate assessments, and participate in social and enrichment activities. Children do not need to do anything to prepare.
Evans is a member of the San Diego Consortium of Independent and Private Schools, and thus follows an agreed-upon schedule of admissions dates.
The Evans School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national and ethnic origin, age, or any other category protected by law, in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.