How to Apply to Evans
The priority application deadline is February 1st, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Should you have any difficulty or questions regarding the application process, please contact Sarah Brumfield —
Evans Application Process
- Schedule a Parent Tour
- Submit Application
- APPLY ONLINE.
- You will be prompted to create an account. View PDF INSTRUCTIONS for assistance.
- Shortly after submitting the application, a checklist will be assigned on the Evans Portal.
- Where applicable, the Financial Aid Application will be emailed after submitting the online application. Financial Aid materials are also due by February 1st.
- Request Records and Recommendations
- Students applying to Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten will have Preschool Teacher Recommendation form available for download on their checklist.
- Students applying to First through Sixth Grade will have a Current Teacher Recommendation and Current School Release of Records form available for download on their checklist.
- Parents will complete the top of each form and submit it to the child’s current school. All records and recommendations must come to Evans directly from the current school.
- Complete Student Visit Day
- Students applying to Junior Kindergarten will spend an hour at Evans; a wonderful opportunity to meet the teacher and spend time in the classroom. A developmental screening will be administered, and the visiting student will socialize and play with the current JK class.
- Students applying to Kindergarten through Grade 6 will visit Evans for a full day (8:30-3:00), and will spend time with their current grade. Admission assessments will be administered during the visit day, as children will experience regular academic and enrichment subjects with their peers.
- *Please note: if your child is applying to JK, K, or 1st Grade, and is also applying to La Jolla Country Day School or Francis Parker School, they are only required to take the Gesell Early Screener (GES) at one of the schools. Please notify the Evans Admissions office, so that we can ensure your child does not repeat the test. Evans, LJCDS, and Francis Parker School have a partnership and will share screening results with each other.
Evans is a member of the San Diego Consortium of Independent and Private Schools, and thus follows an agreed-upon schedule of admissions dates. Decisions will be shared on March 13th, 2020, and acceptances are due on March 25th, 2020. Applications received beyond the priority deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, or admitted to the waitpool.